On Apr 10, 2006, at 5:43 PM, dave walton wrote:

My 94 S350 has started showing some steering problems when cold. There is a pulsating moaning sound as you turn. You can feel the pulsating through the steering wheel. It changes pitch with the engine speed. It is maybe slightly harder to turn. After about 2 minutes, it goes back to normal. I could go out on a limb and suggest the steering pump is going bad, but I've been wrong before with apparently simple assumptions like that. If it is the
pump, is it fixable? Easy fix?

Thanks

-Dave Walton

Classic symptom that its past time to change PS fluid and filter. Synthetic transmission fluid will do you some good. If you pull the filter and change it about 4 times it'll have all fresh fluid in it. Put a filter back in on the final change. It is possible that the belt is slipping or the pump is bad. I'm betting on new fluid/filter.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am