Saturday and yesterday I finished the reseal of the compressor, installed
that, vacuumed the system for 30 minutes, and then put a small amount of
propane / butane blend and then pressurized up to 150 psi with CO2.
Checked around with the sniffer for leaks, and noted a leak at the
compressor shaft seal and small leak (still) from the evaporator.

The shaft seal leaking was expected, typically they need to run-in a bit to
fully seat.  I had one more can of leak sealer to address the evaporator.

Bled off the test charge, installed a new receiver / dryer, vacuum again
for thirty minutes, then attempted to charge the system with r134.  First
can goes in liquid, engine off, once that is mostly into the system, right
the can and then start the engine so compressor can suck in more juice.
Now I've got intermittent compressor engagement.  KLIMA finally decided it
was done playing.  I'm not sure if the relay is bad, or an input is bad.
Spent some time futzing with it, no joy, so I took the bypass relay and
wiring that I made up for The White Whale KLIMA and installed that into
this '95 E300.  Lost more time, I was too hasty and pulled out the pins
from the White Whale KLIMA socket before I noted which went where (only
three pins are used), so I had to search around for that info.  Found it on
Peach Parts.

Finally got the KLIMA bypass going, and proceeded with charging the system,
then installed the leak sealer. Ran the AC for another 20 plus minutes per
the leak sealer instructions, and then checked again for leaks with my
sniffer.  No leaks detected anywhere, so I think I've finally got this one
sorted.  I do need to set up the transmission kick-down jumper, to restore
that function.