ATTABOY!

        -----------------------------------------From: "Meade Dillon via
Mercedes"
To: "Mercedes"
Cc: "Meade Dillon"
Sent: Monday June 24 2019 9:22:46AM
Subject: [MBZ] AC success

Saturday and yesterday I finished the reseal of the compressor,
installed
 that, vacuumed the system for 30 minutes, and then put a small amount
of
 propane / butane blend and then pressurized up to 150 psi with CO2.
 Checked around with the sniffer for leaks, and noted a leak at the
 compressor shaft seal and small leak (still) from the evaporator.

 The shaft seal leaking was expected, typically they need to run-in a
bit to
 fully seat. I had one more can of leak sealer to address the
evaporator.

 Bled off the test charge, installed a new receiver / dryer, vacuum
again
 for thirty minutes, then attempted to charge the system with r134.
First
 can goes in liquid, engine off, once that is mostly into the system,
right
 the can and then start the engine so compressor can suck in more
juice.
 Now I've got intermittent compressor engagement. KLIMA finally
decided it
 was done playing. I'm not sure if the relay is bad, or an input is
bad.
 Spent some time futzing with it, no joy, so I took the bypass relay
and
 wiring that I made up for The White Whale KLIMA and installed that
into
 this '95 E300. Lost more time, I was too hasty and pulled out the
pins
 from the White Whale KLIMA socket before I noted which went where
(only
 three pins are used), so I had to search around for that info. Found
it on
 Peach Parts.

 Finally got the KLIMA bypass going, and proceeded with charging the
system,
 then installed the leak sealer. Ran the AC for another 20 plus
minutes per
 the leak sealer instructions, and then checked again for leaks with
my
 sniffer. No leaks detected anywhere, so I think I've finally got this
one
 sorted. I do need to set up the transmission kick-down jumper, to
restore
 that function.

Links:
------