> On June 27, 2019 at 6:24 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> The computer is the easy part, you gotta have the MUX and cables to do it. I
> would suggest trying to buy a complete system rather than cobble something
> together out of different sources, as with a complete system you’ll have
> someone to go back to if you have issues.

Bought a complete system, minus the laptop, but with a 80GB HD set up for said
laptop, about four years ago. Then I had to schedule a Chinese tech support
session in which they took control of my computer over the internet and did
some stuff to convince the software it was legally installed and get it
working. Took it outside afterwards, and it worked great. Shut it down, and
when it powered up the next day it wouldn't recognize the MUX. Much arguing
with the seller, and eventually she paid the pirates to do the tech support
thing all over again.
There you go, it's working again, unless of course you do something stupid like
turn it off again.

Sigh.