I wear fully brimmed hats year round, light weight in the summer, full
leather Aussie style in the winter. I only wear ball caps when flying as I
can't get the headset on over the wide brims, and need the eye shade in the
morning and evening times. I complained to my dermatologist last time that
even though I ALWAYS wear a hat outside, I still had a dozen spots to be
frozen off. He said that I should see how many spots he has to freeze on
the guys who refuse to wear a hat. The explanation for my case is that the
damage was done many years before I started wearing a hat, which was about
the time I bought the MGA (age 21) - hair got really tangled and blowing
into my eyes without a hat.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:34 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 10/07/2019 12:29 PM, G Mann via Mercedes wrote:
> > Having lived at an earlier time ...
> >
> > Segway forward to modern era, and look for a place to "hang your hat"....
> > they don't exist.
> > Further, dining tables are now very landscape challenged. There is no
> place
> > to lay your hat and eat a meal. Thus, I posit the culture adapted to the
> > conditions imposed and shifted to keeping your hat parked on your head...
> > hair or not.
> >

> I suggest that the reason that there are no places to put hats is
> because people stopped wearing them rather than the other way around.
>
> I sort of like hats but I am not sure they look good on me. I have some
> Tilley style hats with brims all way around that I wear if I am in the
> sun (or once in a while if I need to work outside in the rain) but have
> never favoured ball caps. I have tried on some of the Indiana Jones
> style hats (whatever the formal name is for that style) but have yet to
> talk myself into buying one.

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

for themselves."