You'll want a thermometer or two.  You don't want the evaporator running below
freezing.  The O-rings where the manifold bolts to the compressor are an issue
because of the vibration of Diesels.  There is a version that is a metal washer
with O-ring on the inner diameter that is more robust.  I think the matching
compressor is special too (Covered in Pierre's vids, I think).  The OE hoses
are probably leaky by now but a good hose shop should be able to rebuild (reuse
old metal with new hose stock) much cheaper than MBZ parts.  Look hard for
leaks before charging with real R12.