My father had this small 13.5hp Craftsman riding lawn mower. When he went out to start it, it would not turn over.  It acted like it wanted to.  I figured it was probably the battery was low, or had a bad starter or solenoid.  He went and bought a new one because he was too lazy to mess with it.  I hauled it off intending to get it going then sell it.  I checked the battery and it was not low.  I cranked it and it turned over a little bit then stopped solid.  Rotating the flywheel back and forth I could feel a spot where it was hanging up.  A little more messing with it I could rotate it by had slowly thru that spot.  I then checked the oil which seemed to be full of fuel.  So, it appears that somehow maybe the cylinder is filling up with fuel.  Hopefully the engine is OK but it appears I need to drain the engine and refill with oil, and pull the spark plug and crank it over to blow it out. But, how would fuel be getting in to that extent?  Could the carb be dumping fuel in?

---
https://www.avg.com