Were that it were only the carb!

I got back to SEA last night and it was too dark to make out the mess that four
weeks of unattended lawn growth was going to be found in the morning.  Last
home visit I was confronted with almost waist high grass after near five months
of absence.  I came right from the airport in May, and went straight into the
shed to fire up the mower, with a massive reduction in grass.   I made a
pilgrimage to ANC and 28 days later… I pull out the plug in mower and the dang
thing does not want to light off.  I mess about with the  GFCI the cord is
plugged into, take a gander at the fuse box, finding no offending breakers, and
 swap out the cord, just in case, as I see the one on the machine has a knick.
I do the safety dance with levers and cords and this thing utters a moo sort of
noise and nothing more again.

Maybe the spiders have become gremlins and I unscrew the cover to find the
Black & Decker 681064-01 Switch has lost a mount.  Seems the hot lead had burnt
itself out over many years and now I must put a fresh switch in.  In the heat
of the moment I was going to just toss the whole machine in a Goodwill bin.

clay