The shop transmission flush machines I have seen connect into the
transmission cooler lines and suck the fluid out while pumping clean fluid
in, to somehow magically swap out the old tired fluid for fresh new
fluid... somewhere in the mix, a new trans filter is installed and pan
gasket, etc...

These machines are pretty expensive, even used, so the shop charge for this
level of service is pretty spendy, from what I've seen.
Might be cheaper to just do a pan drop and drain, new filter, fresh
fluid.... then do another repeat in 5,000 miles.. until the trans fluid
shows "fresh"....