> On August 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> That is correct, which is why in co-generation installations, efforts are
> made to recover as much heat as possible from the exhaust and coolant.

One that got a cover story in Popular Science, and impressed me when I was
probably about twelve, involved a gas/steam hybrid drive system.
The inventor, probably Wally Minto, took an LTD, put a 2.3L Pinto engine in it,
and used the coolant and exhaust heat to boil Freon to drive the steam engine.
There was a huge aluminum condenser under the floor to recondense the working
fluid.
Mitch.