Thats actually one of the problems with the '98 Jetta TDI I had, it didn't
made significant heat for about the first 5 milesĀ  in the morning.

My 2015 Jetta has heated seats and as it never got all that cold last winter I
don't have a good handle on how it would react.
-Curt

    On Thursday, August 22, 2019, 4:17:11 PM EDT, Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On 22/08/2019 2:43 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 06:56:40 -0700 Jim Cathey via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>>> - there is at least a 10% loss in energy transfer from generation to
>>> motion, probably more like 30%.
>> My recollection is that in fuel-powered vehicles, only about 1/3 of the
>> energy turns into motion. 1/3 is heat out the exhaust pipe, and 1/3 is
>> heat out the radiator et al.
> That is correct, which is why in co-generation installations, efforts are
> made to recover as much heat as possible from the exhaust and coolant.
>

> Craig

AndĀ  why the big old American made cars made better heat than the little
imports. The burned more fuel and converted one form of energy to another.

Randy