Is this new transformer literally in your front yard?
If so, time to seek a property tax reduction as your property value just tumbled.

Randy

On 01/11/2019 3:59 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
DC area got another 1.5" of rain last night plus high winds and a power
outage on my street caused by a blown buried transformer buried in my front
yard.  It took several crews a couple hours to disconnect and retrieve the
old transformer and install an above ground box for easier access in case
of future needs.  The crew chief told me that these are a lot safer for the
crews - fire hazard is reduced.