Time to consult the brain trust.  I've been getting my 1980 300SD revitalized
and back into driving condition.  Almost everything is done, except, it still
has a vibration somewhere in the drive train when accelerating.  It starts at
around 40mph.  My Indie replaced the rear flex disk which reduced the vibration
some, but not all.  When you are coasting or take your foot off the
accelerator, the vibration stops.  This seems to rule out wheel bearings and
axles, etc.  So, could this be the center support bearings or universal joints
or what?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Best Wishes,
Roger