A few hours soaking, wiggling and a final little pry with the prybar, and it popped out.    I have the whole thing on a bench now.   Subframe has worrisome rust on a link gusset, but it will probably be ok.   Max has a new one, and there is one here that is not rusty, but I have to drive to the place, crawl in the weeds, and try to get it out.   Diff and links, wheel carriers, etc are already gone, so it is just the subframe left under that car. And I'd have to negotiate some price for it.

Or I can clean up and paint this one.    I intend to post some pictures.

Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM
Can you just vibrate it a bit from whatever direction you can get at it just to loosen it up a bit? Then if you can spray more fluid into the joint it may soak down where it will help.

Are you certain that it might not be a better idea to find a better car and let this one go?