Craig, this reminds me of how Marshall Booth would challenge anyone to
demonstrate evidence from a repeatable experiment, when they claimed to know
how to improve on what the MB engineers had wrought. Example: installing a K&N
air filter on a 240D. Marshall's response: time several 0 to 60 runs with the
factory air filter, remove it and retest the 0 to 60 run, and report back on
how much faster the car performed without the factory air filter. I don't
recall that anyone was able to improve performance.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC