My 1986 Chevy Suburban had imperial nuts and bolts on the body but metric on
the 350 SBC engine.Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2020-01-01  11:14 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: tyee165 via
Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] This weeks storm of the century Not in the 50s and 60s when
McNamara put the kabosh in it.  Not in the 70s and 80s when his replacements
ran GM and put the Kaybosh on it.  Metric crept slowly inta GM when they first
started playing with toada.    I don't have enough fingers and toes to count
how may times i heard "the US will convert to metric by 19xx."  And none of it
came to pass.  Gm and McNamara were the prime adversaries.> tyee165 via
Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> January 1, 2020 at 9:31 AM> But GM
vehicles are metric aren't they? Apologies for silly long > post.Have not
figured out how to easily delete extraneous wording on > this
tablet._______________________________________http://www.okiebenz.comTo search