The area between Martha's vineyard and Block island is hardly what I'd call offshore.   It is historically a rich man's playground. It is more like a sound: water behind a barrier island.   There are lots of seabirds in areas like this.    Gulls, pelicans, and lots of other birds will be in the area, and thus decimated.   They have no idea what the impact of feathered populations will be, and whatever data they DO have, they hide.  Thus the use of weasel words:  "Will be negligible"

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 22, 2020 at 9:12 AM
I see a lot of wishful thinking in this response. "Will be negligible" really means "We're going to find out".
There are birds that migrate offshore, oil rigs get hummingbirds...
-Curt