Leading edges delaminate and increase drag until a fresh set of blades are
installed.  In the event of high enough relative humidity in big cold, the wind
farms tend to idle the blades.  That way nothing gets hurt.  Nor are electrons
made.  A viable solution with that giant push away from combustion process for
heat creating.  Just switch it all to electric heat and you get to save the
world.

I was reading about the super efficient homes getting built.  Something like
R40 walls and R80 ceilings.  2x12 framing, super air tight, triple glazed
windows, but you only get a handful, so a big need for artificial lighting.
Some guy was quoted that he would be able to heat the place with a pair of hair
driers.  Three kilowatt x 24, 72 kilowatt a day?  Toss in a fridge, box
freezer, lots of LED lights, induction stove and microwave, washer and dryer,
humidity controls, plug in car, outdoor lighting…. $0.35 kilowatt hour.

clay