AK has massive trapped natural gas resource.  Only able to access the stuff in
Cook Inlet, close to ANC.  The stuff up north requires around $40bn to get
south enough for urban use or export.  Nobody wants to spend that much on the
pipeline, let alone have the state and private venture folks figured out where
to route it.  Probably not going to happen.  There is a plan to build an off
shore CNG port and plant once the ice cap recedes enough for easy shipping to
Asia.  Seems the West Coast has banned the use of NG.  Let them burn kale to
keep warm

clay monroe