The cars I've had with electric fuel pumps they run for a couple seconds when
the key comes on and then shut off until the car is started.
Which reminds me I need to change the fuel filter on my Jetta. Put in the new
filter, turn on the key, wait while the pump cycles, repeat a couple times
until the filter is full, then start the car. I haven't tried it yet on the
Jetta but I used that technique on Angie's Golf, worked a treat.
Sometimes when I can't hear something like a fuel pump I'll grab onto it,
usually I can feel if its running even when I can't hear it.

-Curt

    On Monday, January 27, 2020, 9:57:06 AM EST, Meade Dillon