That is minimum wage there.  Nobody who has that job is living in Seattle
itself, unless their home is a cardboard box.   About $6 a day to ride the bus.
 No available parking in town for less than $5/hr.  Fuel is around $3.78/gal.
My neighbor rents his 600 sqft basement out for $1200/mo which is DIRT CHEAP
for Seattle.  Looked as renting out my tiny home to be able to keep it as an
investment.  Market rate would be just under $4k/mo without utilities.  Current
year's taxes came to $11k.

My mother’s home, 30 miles out of town saw a 21% increase in property taxes and
value bump of around $48k in 2019.  The area is becoming a one per center
haven, and the urban poor are moving out of town or into tents.

clay