On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 22:16:38 -0600 Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> you can bet the numbers of dead and sick in china are a multiple over
> the numbers the chicoms release.   What that multiplier is, we don't
> know yet.

Shirley and I listen to Redeemer Broadcasting here at home (streamed over
the Internet). The fellow running it produces a program played on
Saturday mornings which covers various topics.

Last Saturday, it was an interview with a Chinese woman (now a U.S.
citizen) who grew up in Wuhan about the coronavirus situation.

The program's direct link is:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/redeemer-broadcasting-podcasts/apa/apa_020120_The_Coronavirus--Dr_Dana_Cheng.mp3

The synopsis of the program is

    A Plain Answer: The Coronavirus - Dr. Dana Cheng
    Air Date: 2/1/2020
    The Coronavirus - Dr. Dana Cheng
    Today we talk with the Senior Editor of China News for The Epoch
    Times. She is originally from Wuhan and came to the United States to
    earn her PhD and is now a citizen. We talk about the Coronavirus, that
    originated in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in China. Wuhan has
    a population of 11 Million people. Of concern to Dr. Cheng was the way
    in which critical information about this highly contagious virus was
    initially handled inside China. She says that the first time we heard
    about the virus was December 8th. Some people inside China started to
    post about the virus and they were arrested by the regime. Prior to
    the city being locked down on January 23, there was some 40,000
    families gathered together in a "pot luck" party - some 5 days prior
    to the lock down. The Communist government did not communicate the
    terrible dangers to the Chinese citizens. As of this writing, well
    over 1000 people have been infected in Wuhan (and just under 10,000
    worldwide). The numbers are growing so fast that you need to check a
    reliable news source like The Epoch Times to learn the latest. Dr.
    Cheng points out that some misinformed reports claimed that people
    were eating bats and became sick, but she being from the area, sets
    the record straight that people do not eat bats in Wuhan. And neither
    does the virus appear to be associated with seafood. A very rough
    estimate is that more likely, well over 100,000 people are infected.
    Initially the Communist government was claiming that human to human
    transmission was not a problem! This was an outright lie. The people
    in China are not allowed free speech like we have here in the states.
    One effort the Chinese government is working on is creating 100,000
    beds in hospitals. This lends support to the 100,000 people infected
    estimate. Another fact that we don't talk much about in this interview
    is that the Wuhan Institute of Virology is in the area. This is
    China’s most advanced virus research laboratory, but until we know
    more about the real source of this virus, it would be too
    conspiratorial to make further judgments about cause and effect links
    to China's biowarfare program. Participants: Dr. Dana Cheng,
    Dan Elmendorf.

Craig