From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dimitri
Seretakis via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 2:20 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Dimitri Seretakis
Subject: [MBZ] Running w124 300D with failed alternator?

So I’m inheriting Sam’s and then Dwight’s and then Sam’s 1990 300D. It needs a
new alternator  and I was wondering if you guys think it’ll make the trip from
Rhode Island to Massachusetts- roughly 1.5 hour drive if driven with a fully
charged battery, without using lights or heat. Once I get it home I will change
out the alternator. I’ve got no familiarity with diesels of this generation. I
driven a w115 220D with failed alternator on extended trips but that car has
mechanical everything. Is this the case with a w124 as well?
Sent from my iPhone