Bingo!

The last math class I had in kolledge, the prof (first math class with a prof.) early on showed us how to use differential equations to find area of complex shapes, like aircraft wings.   It woulda made all the calculus a lot easier to learn if SOMEONE had shown us some practical application of what we were trying to learn.

But we digress.  The "barn find" info just needed to convey a few facts.   Who, what, where, when,  why.   That info is better conveyed in words.
dan--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 9, 2020 at 3:40 PM
Most importantly, practical application. Being able to relate the activity to a known process or skill (I believe) makes it that much easier to learn and understand.

-D