I think there’s something special about these plain janes cars.  Simple,
nothing to do but enjoy the suspension, interior quality, feeling of the
gearshift, sound of the engine... and enjoy the idea of a simple, slow, low
option car built with exceptional quality that can continue running for 50
years that will never be made again by any manufacturer.

If you want power windows go buy a hyundai!

Easily worth $10k.

Jaime

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:52 PM Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Should have sold for 10K.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 11, 2020, at 6:53 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like that car but at half that money. I've never really driven a
> column shift manual...
> > -Curt
> >
> >    On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 6:21:54 PM EST, Dan Penoff via
> Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hard to say. You can’t get much more basic and “blah” than a W114 with
> nothing on it. Only thing that would have detracted more would be if it had
> been a diesel. I wouldn’t mind a diesel, but I believe a lot of people
> think they’re real slugs and unsafe on modern roads - like a 240D!
> >
> > Not a lot of love for the W114 chassis cars, I think, unless it’s a
> coupe. And even those don’t seem to do all that well.
> >
> > -D
> >

> >> On Feb 11, 2020, at 6:05 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> you’re planning on getting a good price.

> >> I wonder what he hoped to get? I would have thought $6600 was a pretty
> good price for a very basic 4 cylinder gas engine car. No AC, no sunroof,
> no power windows etc. I know some folks would think that was a plus but I
> would think that generally, people prefer cars that are pretty well loaded.
> >>
> >> RB

> --
Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/