On Tuesday 25 April 2006 8:38, David Brodbeck wrote:

> A gimmick, sure, but not really a "liberal" one.  Actually, the first
> time I remember hearing about it was when Bush introduced it as a
> replacement for the Clinton-era "supercar" project, which had focused on
> creating high-mileage gasoline cars.

Not a Republican or Democratic cause, but rather a Corporatist cause, which I
think tends to speak to both major  parties. Hydrogen-powered cars would be
impractical, and produce no decrease in pollution unless the H2 was generated
by "green" electricity such as that from solar cells and windmills, but who
cares? The pivotal issue, from the vantage of the republicratic party, is
that suppliers of electricity will get rich, rich, rich as the demand
escalates in order to produce the hydrogen.

Ken Lay is pleased, I am sure. And what could be more important than that?

Lee