Corolla or a Camry. Any year Camry with the four banger. 2003 or newer Corolla.
A '96 or '97 Corolla would be fine. The 1999-2002 Corolla have oil ring issues,
and if the oil level is not checked often, the engine is toast. Honda
automatics suck.  Domestic cars, Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Marquis are
reliable.They had issues with the intake coolant leak on certain years. A GM
with the 3800 is a good choice also, but the rest of the car may be $h*t.

An old man or old lady owned Camry or Crown Vic would be my first choice.

I would NOT put him in a W210. Too many potential issues for an unmaintained
car.

You asked.

Rick