PNW news outlets are spinning WAGs as soon as any half reliable or interesting
talking head pops out of the woodwork.  One small group of medical people posit
it may be an auto immune reaction.  The young have not encountered enough
interesting things, so all vectors are novel and elicit a mild enough response.
 The aged have a lifetime of antibodies built up and this one is So Very
Interesting to them that a massive assault is launched which mirrors an auto
immune response.

I am not a doctor and do not play one on TV, nor have I played doctor since I
was out of knee length britches.  Now, go about your business and get off my
damn lawn

clay