Kerosene isn't a ton more volatile than diesel but I'll agree with you that it
is more volatile. I've tried to burn diesel in a lantern before, it'll work but
it needs a ton of preheat, like 2-3x as much as kerosene does. Kero requires
about 5x more preheat than gasoline/white gas.
I've cleaned up kero spills on the gas grill with the torch before, it just
evaporates...

-Curt

    On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 5:25:46 PM EDT, Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Kerosene is more volatile than #2D.  DO an experiment.  Cover the bottom
of a tin can with 1/2" of Diesel fuel.   Throw a lit wooden match in the
fuel.  Tell us what happens.