Our neighbor next door has 20-30 chickens now. He started several years
ago. I dont' think he's lost any to the foxes, coyotes, skunks, possums,
raccoons, etc. recently because I haven't seen any piles of loose feathers.
They are "free range" (visiting us sometimes), though he supplements there
food with commercial antibiotic, etc, laced feed - and the eggs taste just
like the factory ones from the store. We don't get eggs from him anymore,
being pure food snobs.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  If we ever live at camp we'll have chickens. I'd build movable pens, so
> called "chicken tractors" and shuffle them around the fields. We get these
> big ant mounts, the chickens would love those...
> -Curt
>
>     On Monday, April 13, 2020, 2:16:47 PM EDT, Craig via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>  On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:55:51 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> >  Interesting, remind me where "here" is.
> > I read the other day that US demand for eggs has gone up some absurd
> > percentage.
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/26/shortages-eggs-stress-baking/
>
>     Fear of supply-chain disruptions has prompted the DIY spirit and a
>     renewed interest in gardening, swamping online seed companies.
>     Some have brought the same thoughts to bear on the egg shortage:
>     Actor Tom Holland (Spider-Man) made news when he announced this
>     week he had adopted three chickens as a source of eggs. And he’s
>     not alone.
>
>     Diez-Canseco isn’t bullish about backyard chickens.
>
>     “We don’t think backyard flocks are great for the birds. There’s
>     a lot of predation,” he said. “But by all means, plant a garden.”
>

> Craig

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!