You are correct. I was thinking about it relative to the refining aspect.
Number 6 is Bunker C, and it has a BTU content of around 150,000 BTU/gallon,
where Number 2 diesel is around 140,000 BTU/gallon.

However, as previously noted, bunker fuel needs to be heated to be atomized
whereas number 2 does not.

-D