On 13/05/2020 2:16 PM, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:
I flew EAL a LOT from BOS-DCA-BOS.  One particularly memorable flight featured Teddy Kennedy (D-UI) riding in first class just a row ahead of me.  I watched him pounding scotch whiskies starting when he stumbled on and the FA had 3 little bottles in her hand waiting for him.  He pounded those before we started taxiing out from the terminal at DCA.  He got totally sh*tfaced in the next 40min or so, had no briefcase or any papers or work or anything, just sat there pounding scotches. . . .

--FT

The Kennedy genes must have been good ones. He made it to 77 years old doing that. I don't think I could manage it. That much booze would surely do me in.

RB