Kind of hard to say if the deaths and cases out of China are accurate. Take
the death of the ophthalmologist guy who blew the whistle on the whole
epidemic, for example. Russia is another case in point where medical
professionals start to fall out of windows if they say anything too far out
of line. We don't know anything they don't want us to know. We have some
ideas from urn orders by mortuaries etc that the death toll in China was
considerably higher than published.

Having said that, none of the official death numbers are accurate, from any
country. They all undercount the true death toll because people were dying
of this disease in nursing homes etc before anyone was testing for it. It
was true in Italy and it was and is true here. Similarly for the lower
working class in major cities here - they cannot afford to not work and
they are not about to go and get tested and told they need to stay home.
Looking at excess deaths for this time of year compared to other years is
likely to be the best way to tell how many people covid 19 ended up
killing. It takes time for those numbers to roll in, though.