Phase one is complete.  I have removed the donor engine from the 84 300D with
a bad transmission. I am in the process of replacing the the front seal and
checking other components and replacing as needed.
Next phase is removing transmission from 2nd donor car. (83 300D). I’ve been
told by several that the 240D transmission won’t hold up to the additional
torque of the turbo engine.
I will need a new/used exhaust system. Does anyone have any information on a
used stainless system that is for sale.  Rick was able to provide one for my
last project (85 300D) that is currently in Texas and being used as a daily
driver by my daughter.
Mike

I have a rust free 1983 240D with a worn out engine and a rusted out 84 300D
with a strong engine. Looking for a write up or link to any information on
moving the engine from 1984 300D turbo chassis to 1983 240D chassis
Both are automatics  The 300D transmission is trash, will the 240D transmission
matchup to 300D without modifications or performance issues?
The 240 has manual HVAC that I want keep.

I’ve already moved the differential from the 300D to the 240D and like the
better highway performance however the 240 engine is pretty worn out and
showing its  age.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike