I shot a lot of squirrels in the backyard when I was a kid, dad still does. My
parent's house sits on the rural/urban divide near a dirt access road. City
folk trap squirrels and drop them off on the access road, the squirrels then
find my parent's bird feeder.Their yard will handle 4 squirrels at any time,
meaning with 4 or fewer squirrels there is enough feed that they don't attack
the bird feeder. When I 5th squirrel turns up the attacks begin and one of
them, usually the fat, dumb city squirrel gets fatal.
Dad has gotten the crows trained, when he shoots the body lasts for about 5
minutes. He says they need 3 trips to take it all away. Interestingly crows
seem smart enough to leave the pellet behind. I've read that eagles eat lead
from dead animals and die from it but dad says the crows will pick the pellet
back out of the body. Most of the time its not a problem as the pellet passes
clean through.
-Curt

    On Friday, June 26, 2020, 5:08:41 PM EDT, Mitch Haley via Mercedes