Maybe 3-5 years ago I installed a 12K "Pioneer" brand mini-split from
https://www.highseer.com/ in my "barn."  I too used a pro connect the
refrigerant lines and do the initial startup.  My outdoor unit is also mounted
on the outside wall with brackets to keep it off the ground.  As I recall, the
equipment cost $600-700 (delivered) and the "pro" charged about $100-200 for
startup.

Lessons learned:
-  My main install problem was a tight available space with non-standard stud
spacing.  I really had to hunt (and punch small holes) to find a location where
the big hole missed all the studs.
 --On the outside I had to install horizontal two-by boards for the brackets,
again the studs were in the wrong places.  The brackets must align
(horizontally)  with the feet on the outdoor unit.
 --The "pro" routed the refrigerant lines between the wall and outdoor unit.
When fall came leaves piled up on the lines blocking air flow.  In winter Ice
formed around the lines blocking air flow.  The defrost cycle cleared the coils
but I needed a heat gun or salamander to clear the ice behind the unit.  This
year I had another "pro" come back and reroute the lines.
 -- The initial "pro" did not understand that all expansion devices are in the
outdoor unit and insisted on installing a service port in the liquid line
(totally unnecessary).  This appears to be a common misperception.  At some
point the Schrader valve in that added port began leaking.
 -- The outdoor unit of my Pioneer system looks exactly like the Mitsubishi
unit later installed at our church.  The indoor units look different.  If you
are looking at an generic brand, it is worthwhile (IMO) to call the suppliers
to find out who actually makes their equipment.
 -- Other than the leaking Schrader valve and ice/leaf accumulation (both now
corrected) I have had no problems with my mini-split system (knock wood).
 -- The plastic tubing for the condensate drain became brittle after long
exposure to sunlight (UV).  Protect it with some sort of cover or conduit.

The outdoor unit is officially called a condenser, which is accurate during
cooling but it becomes an evaporator during heating.  So I just call it the
outdoor unit.
The "pros" I hired for this and other HVAC work have not been impressive.  They
had the tools and got the job done but I would have done it with more care.
I had to cut and re-flare my refrigerant lines (way too long) and I didn't have
a decent flare tool. That is the main reason I hired that done.
My HighSEER kit came with a tiny tube of stuff to prevent leaks at the
refrigerant tube flare connections.  I can't swear it works but mine have never
leaked.

Scott