I think my gas powered Troy built power washer is fubar. Pump might be locking
up. I have had it probably 3-4 years but not used it that much. Last year it
was working fine but the last time I tried to use it, it would start up but as
soon as I pulled the trigger it would bog down and kill the engine.

Yesterday I got it out and it fired right up after the first pull and ran fine
for a couple of minutes then slowed down and died. Pulling the cord the motor
felt like it had a load on it and would start but immediately die. After a
couple of times at this then I couldn’t pull it fast enough to get it to start.
If I pulled the trigger on the gun engine would turn over more freely and would
start then die. Maybe it was taking water pressure off the pump.

Reading the manual it says no maintenance is required and pump is sealed for
life. I hen admittedly not maintained it by the book. I believe you are
supposed to drain the water out of the pump after use and saw something about
squirting pump saver into it for winter storage. I usually just unhooked the
hoses then rolled it into the garage.

Anything I can do with this thing or is it fubar?

Sent from my iPhone