Agree.  Important to differentiate between positive tests, those sick enough to
be admitted, and deaths.  The way the last two categories are counted hasn't
changed much.  But doubling the number of tests will likely double the number
of positives, at least over a short time span.

Given the glacial speed of developing a cure, the best near-term approach is
many infected young, healthy people (for herd immunity) while old, sick folks
protect themselves.  Not unlike children's measles parties of an earlier era.