The previous issue was from what appeared to me water intrusion from around a
window.

As I started pulling up more tile the rot just kept going. I figured out what
the cause was. The renters did not have their washing machine connected
properly and water was constantly leaking behind it. I suspect it might have
been leaking down the wall at the washer connection. Entire floor along that
wall where washer sits is rotted out. Will have to remove all the tile from the
room and cut it out and replace. I did not go that direction under the house so
could have rotted floor joists as well.

Also, plan is to sell the rental in about 3 years and take equity and pay
off/pay down our current house then refi what is left into a 10 year.

Sent from my iPhone