I'm probably a dinosaur but I'll go with vinyl (over ceramic tile) every
time for kitchens and bathrooms.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of G Mann via Mercedes
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 4:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: G Mann <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Opinions needed on flooring

If you are building a new house for yourself, bathrooms and laundry rooms..
kitchen sink areas, use marine grade 5 ply plywood... it is made to be
exposed to water and will hold up years longer than particle board flooring
underlayment.

Since the Kaleb rent house has a history of soft water damaged particle
boards in those areas... rip it out and install marine grade plywood... you
have broken tile because the particle board got wet and went soft.. floor
flexed,, tiles broke..

While the floor is open to the floor joists.... get fans running to dry the
joists, and re-route AC condensate drains OUT of the area.... AC condensate
drains always plug up internally with algae, then the drains back up, leak,
and make water damage..Run them OUTSIDE the foundation and make them so you
can run a drain snake up them at least once a year to clear the algae
buildup...
You aren't going to run AC in the winter, so draining to outside the
foundation will be OK..