Ouch, that stinks.  I'll bet there is aftermarket glass available.

The MB dealer price for a windshield on my 124 sedan was only $500 for the
part, I thought that wasn't too bad, but they will only sell the glass with
an installation which is another $300 or more I'll bet.

I'm convinced that the factory glass is thicker and will last longer.
Max
Charleston SC