In a message dated 5/7/2006 10:16:40 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Other  than this, she ran flawlessly, and when I started it up a half an hour

after we got back, there was no smoke at all!  For a $500 car, I  declare it
a winner!  Once things are fine tuned a bit more, it will  be great.  To make
things even better, both the odometer and fuel  gauge actually work!
It's so nice to own a good running MB diesel once  again!

Kevin,

God, I love a story with a good ending!  Keep on keepin' on!

By the way, the solenoid is available separately for your starter, just be
sure you get a genuine Bosch solenoid.  I think they are about $40 bucks at
Autozone.  While you are in there, be sure to check the condition of the 4
brushes.  If they are getting short, the wire leads may hold them up off  the
rotor and that would be your failure point for the starter.  Brushes  are
available separately, as well, but you may well be wanting to get a good  Bosch
rebuilt starter instead.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ