My 2010 Dodge RAM actually has a special light just for a loose fuel cap. I
don't remember if the check engine light comes on also or not. Its nice to have
that extra indication of the exact problem without needing a scanner.
Amazon sells little bluetooth or wifi scan tools. One of those along with an
app like Torque can scan OBD-II codes cheap cheap. I think I paid $10 for mine,
its paid for itself a few times since it will also clear codes.
-Curt

    On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 12:47:02 AM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes