Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 10:57 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Andrew Strasfogel
Subject: [MBZ] Check engine light on 250 GLK Bluetec SUV

I've driven my 2014 250 GLK Bluetec for about 2k miles since early April.
I just noticed yesterday that the "check engine" icon was lit.  This is a
generic, non-specific alert that the owner'smanual says I must get
professionally evaluated.  The vehicle is behaving normally in every regard.

I hesitate to take the car into the dealership for what they might tell
me...  so I would probably ask my indy tech if he had the computer hookup
to do the testing...  Or would Advance Auto lend me a diagnostic tool so I
can self-evaluate the issue that has caused the check engine light to
illuminate?
Suggestions?

2014 GLK 250 Bluetec SUV
Rides great but an Issue Lurks