On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 18:43:38 -0400 Rick Hawkins Java Letterpress Cycles
Photon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I had a UD Rollback that I bought near Charleston, SC last fall with
> some problems and we could never find the correct exhaust manifold with
> the right angle for the turbo ... and Nissan didn’t have it, so I was
> able to sell It for about a $2k profit

You had a vehicle which had problems, you could not find the correct
manifold, yet you sold it for a $2k profit?

How did that come about? It would make an interesting story.

> A used car lot had had it for their personal car hauler but got sick of
> the DOT ... I got another DOT medical and am using it and I guess I am
> fairly legal.
> It’s GVR is some king like 14,500 lbs.

The only reason you need a CDL and a DOT medical and need to comply with
DOT regs is because you are using it in commerce. If its GVWR were over
26,000 lbs, you'd also need a commercial license plate.

Is that your SUV on it in the first picture?

> I moved a storage building with it ... loaded it only onto a trailer
> and then hauled a bunch of printing presses from Greer, SC near
> Greenville/Spartanburg last Wednesday and Thursday ... it’s pretty
> perfect except for not quite cold enough AC but it has been brutally
> hot.

Come January, the A/C will work perfectly ...   :-)

> It is actually GNC badged which is pretty funny for a made in Japan
> truck.

Many Japanese vehicles have been badged with the names of domestic
manufacturers ...

> I also like that it has a slush box transmission. I have not desire to
> shift gears on a heavy truck.

I actually like shifting the gears on our 13-speed Kenworth W900.

I also like the picture of your (daughter?) and her dog. There is room on
the truck bed for all kinds of things!

Was that picture taken at your house or a park?

Craig