> On Sep 14, 2020, at 2:23 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  In MA all dual rear wheel vehicles require DOT medical except if its a farm
> vehicle.
> -Curt
>
>    On Monday, September 14, 2020, 1:01:21 PM EDT, Craig via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 18:43:38 -0400 Rick Hawkins Java Letterpress Cycles
>> Photon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had a UD Rollback that I bought near Charleston, SC last fall with
>> some problems and we could never find the correct exhaust manifold with
>> the right angle for the turbo ... and Nissan didn’t have it, so I was
>> able to sell It for about a $2k profit
>
> You had a vehicle which had problems, you could not find the correct
> manifold, yet you sold it for a $2k profit?

Yes ... isn’t that my job?  I disclosed all ... he was a know it all tow truck
driver from near Aiken sc

> How did that come about? It would make an interesting story.

Sold it on FB

>> A used car lot had had it for their personal car hauler but got sick of
>> the DOT ... I got another DOT medical and am using it and I guess I am
>> fairly legal.
>> It’s GVR is some king like 14,500 lbs.
>
> The only reason you need a CDL and a DOT medical and need to comply with
> DOT regs is because you are using it in commerce. If its GVWR were over
> 26,000 lbs, you'd also need a commercial license plate.

Don’t need a CDL but need dot medical which I just got again .... $80 for two
years

I am pretty legal with the dot but they can always find something to bust you
for

I am interstate dot but private carrier

> Is that your SUV on it in the first picture?

Mini van 2007 Kia Sedona ... bought on tybee for $200 two years ago with 129k
... had some problems which I fixed ... coil packs etc

Great car cold ac

>> I moved a storage building with it ... loaded it only onto a trailer
>> and then hauled a bunch of printing presses from Greer, SC near
>> Greenville/Spartanburg last Wednesday and Thursday ... it’s pretty
>> perfect except for not quite cold enough AC but it has been brutally
>> hot.

Ac is ok

Hauled a 300d for a friend for 10 miles today for $75

But it was on the sought side of Savannah

> Come January, the A/C will work perfectly ...  :-)
>

>> It is actually GNC badged which is pretty funny for a made in Japan
>> truck.
>
> Many Japanese vehicles have been badged with the names of domestic
> manufacturers ...
>

>> I also like that it has a slush box transmission. I have not desire to
>> shift gears on a heavy truck.
>
> I actually like shifting the gears on our 13-speed Kenworth W900.

You do that ... it tires me enough without flinging the shift lever

> I also like the picture of your (daughter?)

My Scad Savannah college of art and design helper, Anna ... she is great, I
couldn’t do my shit without her help
> and her dog.

My dog Precious
> There is room on
> the truck bed for all kinds of things!
>
> Was that picture taken at your house or a park?

It was in Greer, SC where we were loading equipment BUT that is a little park
in the background

If you want to see my various letterpress travel beach activities, follow me on
Instagram ... I am printerrickthe on there

Xx rick