We may be heading to the promised land of hydrogen.  The current viral unrest
has caused a depression in fossil fuel demand, with a decrease in value.  With
fuel hanging around $40 bbl there is no incentives to sink funding into
production, exploration, or delivery.  Long term outlook is for continued very
low demand for refining.  As the sale price goes up, the idled production comes
back online which further depresses the prices.  It is barely break even to
produce normal oil at $40, let alone shale or more complex plays.  Gas prices
should remain down until refinery closes down and makes pump prices rise, but
there is no way for that to translate to the rig pricing.

All the glut of oil may be a prime time to crack the hydrogen out of it and
fill tanks with water producing eco fuel.  Except the price for energy to crack
it will go up.

clay

“I think it’s time we stopped  our cringing embarrassment about our history,
about our traditions, and about our culture, and we stop this general bout of
self-recrimination and wetness.”

B. Johnson
01/09/2020