The X5 is a good-looking car, and had all the features we needed.
It felt safe and solid, and the I6 engine was strong enough and got
somewhat better mileage.  I think the usual fillup was 21mpg.  I
really like the tailgate, gives you a place to sit if you want.  The hill
descent button, used something like three times on the worst luge
days, was somewhat amazing.  The car was highly satisfactory,
_as a car_, but its appetite for money was untenable.

This was the "fine, you don't like what I provide?  Then YOU go
pick out a car, and take care of it yourself" vehicle.  We bought it
used, not new.

But we're sick of its crap, and we don't need it anymore.  Kid's in
college now; soccer mom is over.

-- Jim