Canned pumpkins come almost exclusively from one town in Illinois. They're
almost all mechanically harvested since bruising of the outer flesh isn't the
issue it would be with Jack-o-lantern pumpkins.

Strangely pumpkins hate it being too wet more than too dry. If its too wet they
get the white powdery mildew. Normally a big problem for us here in north
central MA. My cucumbers and squashes are usually done by late August. This
year they made it until mid-September.

-Curt

    On Sunday, September 27, 2020, 9:56:56 AM EDT, Dwight Giles via Mercedes