Moles like bugs.  Love lawn bugs, so you need to remove the buffet in your yard
and the moles will relocate to a place with a better menu.   That does not help
your lawn much, as you have killed the worms that make great soil in the
process.  I moved to property where the hardpan was very close to the surface
and a spring ran very close under the basement.  Not much ability to cross
travel the yard before they hit the retaining wall that was sitting on hardpan
or basement walls.  That and the chickens ate all the worms they could find.

clay

“I think it’s time we stopped  our cringing embarrassment about our history,
about our traditions, and about our culture, and we stop this general bout of
self-recrimination and wetness.”

B. Johnson
01/09/2020